Eyes to my soul...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

10 lb. Weight Gain!!

The good news...Giovanni has gained about 3 pounds since we have been home!

The bad news...his mother has gained TEN!  Yikes!

Giovanni is an amazingly picky eater.  Basically he eats foods that are in the "yellow/beige/brown" family on the color wheel.  He loves bananas, scrambled eggs, potatoes, corn, cheese pizza, rice, beef, chicken, whole grain bars, applesauce, and bread.  For a little color he'll eat his pinkish multi-vitamin, tomato soup, strawberry applesauce and shrimp.  To wash everything down he likes water, iced tea, orange juice, banana milkshakes, and he loves the V-8 Fusion fruit/vegetable drinks!

It is a constant guessing game for us to figure out what he will and won't eat.  So, when we order something new like a grilled cheese sandwich and he won't touch it...we try the old "look at Mummy eating it...yummy" trick...sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.  I have always had a very "unsophisticated" palate, but I have regressed to a diet I haven't seen since I was 5 years old!  The problem is I don't move as quickly or as frequently as a 5 year old...thus the 10 pound gain!

On a brighter note...I like to think that at least 2 pounds of my weight gain is muscle mass - my bi-ceps are getting HUGE from picking up and carrying 44 pounds of love around all day!